Red Hook standout tops All-Star boys basketball team
KINGSTON, N.Y. — Red Hook High senior guard Joe Stortini was named Most Valuable Player by Mid-Hudson Athletic League boys basketball coaches.
Mike Tamburri and Alex Smith of MHAL champion Marlboro earned spots on the combined all-star team from Division I and Division II.
Others chosen were Felix Riscos (Roosevelt), Zack Cone (New Paltz), Marc Whitaker (Saugerties), Jamie Paneto (Wallkill), Ben DeForest (Rondout Valley) and Rob Grullon (Wallkill).
The Division III and IV team included Rob Lamont (Pine Plains), Andrew Michos (Spackenkill), Mark Candelario (Ellenville), Adrian Echols (Ellenville), Nick Sorel (Rhinebeck), Justin Cooper (Pine Plains), Tyler Dahlin (Millbrook) and Danny Blayney (Millbrook).
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Central New York Region Sports By Bleacher Report
Location, ST | website.com
Athletes of the Week
- Male Athlete of the Week: Justin Farrenkopf, Ellenville High School, track and field (video)
- Female Athlete of the Week: Cora Burler, New Paltz High School, track and field (video)
- Male Athlete of the Week: Jim LaValle, Coleman Catholic High School, baseball (video)
- Male Athlete of the Week: Jeffrey Nunez, Ellenville High School, track and field (video)
National Sports Videos
Top Sports Stories
- Gym Stars capture Long Island Classic gymnasts crown
- OTL earns Kingston Recreation Over 30 basketball victory
- Today's Sports Broadcast Schedule
- Coleman eyes berth in state Class C girls basketball semifinals
- Red Hook standout tops All-Star boys basketball team
- DeForest two shots off Nationwide lead
- Today's Local Sports Schedule
Recent Activity on Facebook
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.
New Paltz coaches blog their team's progress throughout the year.
Keep up to date with the resort's latest news, photos, events and other details.